This week, we celebrated Earth Day on April 22nd. While this year brought a fresh perspective on the day, we still found some great ideas on how to be involved even if some swaps to celebrations meant staying indoors.
We hope that these tips will help you lead a more climate-friendly lifestyle all while safely sheltering in place!
- NASA created all kinds of resources online to give Earth Day the proper 50th year celebration it deserved. Check out everything from satellite views of the planet to global archives of photos capturing hurricanes, wildfires, icebergs and more!
- Try planting something and create a little garden. For simple tips, read more in this USA Today Article.
- Experiment with a plant based meal. If you have a sweet tooth, check out these quick, easy swaps.
- Make a grocery list via any of these apps (AnyList, Mealime, Bring! to name a few) to more easily keep track of home food needs.
- Small actions can have a big impact! Switch to paperless bank statements where you can and make sure to unplug electronic devices and appliances when you aren’t using them around your home.